If you want to live and work and in Thailand then speak to us at Siam Legal for more information. With offices in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Samui, Phuket and Chiang Mai we are best able to serve your needs in Thailand. Speak to us about marriage registration, your Thai visa or retirement in Thailand [...]

If you have a work permit in Thailand or you have a 1 year marriage visa or a retirement visa then you cannot leave Thailand without a re-entry permit. This is a permit that is placed in your passport to ensure that when you leave Thailand you do no invalidate you visa status. With the [...]

If you are going to retire in Thailand then consider for a minute what would be needed for your visa. Firstly you need to meet 2 set of requirements. The first is an age requirement and the next are the financial requirements to retire. The first requirements tro obtain the Retirement Visa is the easiest. [...]

When you are in Thailand you must much like Thai citizens carry your passport on you at all times. The very same goes with a work permit. The work permit and passport must be with you at all times. An interesting note that when the local newspapers asked Phuket Immigration about the issue after a [...]

If you are married to a Thai or have a Thai child then you can apply for the 3 month Thai “O” Visa at a Thai embassy. The Thai marriage visa is valid for 90 days when you enter Thailand and can be extended in Thailand for 1 year if you meet the financial requirements [...]

There are 2 major issues with overstay in Thailand. The first is admitting that you have overstayed, bought your ticket out of Thailand and going to Thai immigration to pay your overstay fine. The overstay fine has been 500 Baht per day to a maximum of 20,000 Baht. It makes no difference if it is [...]